Congregation Etz Chayim recognizes that teens are a specific and unique constituency within our broader Etz Chayim community. We value their input and participation and strive to consider their interests and needs in the full range of congregational activities. We further believe that teens should be directly involved in determining the kinds of opportunities available to them including religious, intellectual, social justice, leadership development and social activities.
Are you an Etz Teen looking for ways to stay involved at Etz or to broaden your involvement with Jewish life in the Bay Area? Are you a parent of a Bar/t Mitzvah teen thinking about the next steps of Jewish engagement for your teen? Are you planning your summer, or heading off to college or looking for new ways to lend a hand in your community? There are many opportunities for teens and we can help you identify the right one for you. Contact our Director of Learning, Abra Greenspan at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Regular Teen Opportunities at Etz Chayim
- Madrichim -become a part of our regular teaching team and support the learning of younger students in our programs
- Children's Programming for High Holy Days and other Festivals-plan and facilitate activities for children in preschool through sixth grade
- Teen Chai- 10th-12th grade explore important texts and topics with other teens and our rabbi
- Teenkun Olam --design and implement Tikkun Olam activities for teens
- Service Leading and Torah Reading --co-lead services or read from the Torah